User:DianaTESGotH/Morroblivion Overhaul Enhanced
Morroblivion Overhaul - Enhanced Gameplay
Diana TES GotH is creating Modding Guides and Tutorials: Link to DianaTESGotH Nexus Wiki Homepage which contains an overview related to all of my Nexus Page Extension. Please review the DianaTESGotH Nexus Wiki Homepage before continuing with this section. Contact: Link to Diana TES GotH Nexus Profile. Diana TES Goth on Discord: Link to Diana TES GotH live chat discord server. Changelog: Allows you to view revisions Diana TES GotH has made to the guides and tutorials hosted by Nexus Wiki. Morroblivion Overhaul - Appendix For installation and load order references, troubleshooting, etc...
- 1 Overview
- 2 02. Bethesda Official Content
- 3 03. Utilities - Tools
- 4 04. Script Extender Plugins
- 5 05. Master Files and Utilities - Ingame
- 6 06. Fixes and Unofficial Patches
- 7 07. Early Loaders
- 8 08. Gameplay - User Interface
- 9 09. Base Mods
- 9.1 09.1 Audiovisual - Weather
- 9.2 09.2 Audiovisual - Water and Lava
- 9.3 09.3 Audiovisual - Sounds & Music
- 9.4 09.4 Audiovisual - Lighting
- 9.5 09.5 Audiovisual - Major Texture Packs
- 9.6 09.6 Audiovisual - LOD Resources
- 9.7 09.7 Audiovisual - Grass & Flora Overhaul
- 9.8 09.8 Audiovisual - Tree Overhaul
- 9.9 09.9 Audiovisual - Landscape & Grass Fixes
- 9.10 09.10 Audiovisual - Landscape
- 9.11 09.11 Audiovisual - Architecture
- 9.12 09.12 Audiovisual - Caves & Dungeons
- 9.13 09.13 Audiovisual - Interiors
- 9.14 09.14 Items - Tools & Clutter
- 9.15 09.15 Items - Ingestibles
- 9.16 09.16 Items - Armor, Clothing, & Accessories
- 9.17 09.17 Items - Weapons
- 10 10. Load Order Independent Mods
- 11 11. Late Loaders - Base Mods
- 12 12. Early Quest Add-Ons
- 13 13. Character Appearance
- 14 14. Pre Overhaul
- 15 15. Overhauls
- 16 16. Morroblivion Mods
- 17 17. Gameplay - Quests & Stories
- 18 18. Gameplay - Quests & Locations
- 19 19. Locations - Overhauls
- 20 20. Overrides
- 20.1 [Auto Update Leveled Items And Spells]
- 20.2 [AV Uncapper Settings - Fixed]
- 20.3 [AV Uncapper - H2H Hand to Hand PATCH]
- 20.4 [Time Enough At Last - A Main Quest Enhancement Mod]
- 20.5 21.1 Gameplay - AI & Combat
- 20.6 21.2 Gameplay - Magic & Abilities
- 20.7 21.3 Gameplay - Stealth
- 20.8 21.4 Gameplay - Skills, Attributes & Leveling
- 20.9 21.5 Audiovisual - Animations & Physics
- 21 22. Character - NPC Overhauls
- 22 23. Override Mods - Late Loaders
- 23 24. Pre Bash
- 24 25. Fixes - Patches
- 25 26. Post Bashed Patches
- 26 26. Distant Terrain Output
- 27 27. Map Mods
- 28 28. Script Extender Output
- 29 Related pages
This sections of Morroblivion Overhaul is an attempt to completely overhaul its gameplay. This includes massive and specialized Overhauls, Quests and New Lands, Dungeons, Guilds and Factions, Extended Cities\Tovwns\Villages (ECTV), Quality of Life (QOL), and various other mods.
01.1 Resources - Guides & Tutorials
Resources that provide a guide, tutorial, or general information about modding.
02. Bethesda Official Content
Official Games and Addons
03. Utilities - Tools
Utilities which allow you to create, edit, or manage mod-related files.
More detailed instructions will be provided as soon as I have tested how to efficiently set up zEdit for Oblivion and Morroblivion.
zMerge Setup for MO2 Users
NOTE: From the launch screen, be certain to select the Oblivion profile before continuing on to the setup.
Wrye Bash Users can intuitively follow the steps below excluding MO2 setup instructions. Select None for Mod manager.
In this section we will setup zMerge so that we can create merged mods later on:
- 1. Open zEdit and select zMerge from the drop-down menu along with the profile you wish to use.
- 2. Press Start Session.
- 3. Click on the cog in the Upper Right corner and a new popup box should appear.
- 4. Navigate to Integration Settings.
- 5. Under Mod Manager select Mod Organizer 2.
- 6. Under MO2 Instance select Portable.
- 7. Under Mod manager path, fill in the file path to where your main Mod Organizer 2 folder is
- 8. Under Mod manager mods path, fill in the file path to where your Mod Organizer 2 mods folder is (this should be located inside the Mod Organizer 2 main folder)
- 9 Navigate to Merge Settings.
- 10. Under Merge Output path fill in the file path to where your Mod Organizer 2 mods folder is (this should be located inside the Mod Organizer 2 main folder)
- 11. Uncheck "Disable plugins"
- 12. Navigate to Archive Creation Settings.
- 13. Under Advanced change Minimum file per archive to 999999
- 14. Under Advanced make sure Create texture archive is UNCHECKED
- 15. Click OK.
- 16. You can now close zMerge.
- Check our Lexy's pictures on how to set up zMerge if you're having trouble: Here
Merge Plugins Standalone
NOTE: Alternatively one could install Merge Plugins Standalone for combining mods from Bethesda games which have .ESP/.ESM files. It uses the xEdit codebase as an API, and can be used with Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 3. This utility is recommended for users who intend to have a heavy modlist consisting of more than 254 active plugins.
- Related Video: Merge Plugins : Start to Finish by GamerPoets
- Related Forums: Mator's Utilities Support by Mator
- Special Installation Instructions:
- 1. Download Merge Plugins and extract the archive into the Oblivion\TES4Edit folder.
- 2. Move the following files into the TES4Edit folder:
- • doc
- • lang
- • changelog.txt
- • MergePlugins.exe
- • Oblivion.Hardcoded.keep.this.with.the.exe.and.otherwise.ignore.it.I.really.mean.it.dat (overwrite the original)
- • TES4Dictionary.txt
- 3. Run MergePlugins.
- Mod Organizer Users: Add Merge Plugins as an executable.
- 4. The Oblivion Profile should already be detected.
- Game: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Path: \Oblivion\
- Click on the Oblivion icon and then click OK.
- Right click in the window and select Uncheck All. Click OK.
- When you first start Merge Plugins you should do some initial configuration. Click the settings icon.
- 5. Wrye Bash Users - Setup:
- General → Reports: Select a Username
- • Updating:
- • Check Update dictionary automatically
- • Check Update program automatically
- Merging: Merge destination directory
- • \Oblivion\TES4Edit\Merged Plugins
- • Check Extract BSAs
- • Click Verify file access
- • BSAOpt path: \Oblivion\BSAopt\BSAopt x64.exe (or x32.exe)
- • Click ok and close out of Merge Plugins. Reopen Merge Plugins and select the files to merge.
- Notice: This application will be launched later in the guide.
- Mod Organizer Users - Setup: Watch GamerPoets video linked above.
- Wrye Bash Users:
- Extract the files and move the following directly into the Oblivion\Data folder:
- • Ini folder
- • tes4qlod_tex folder
- • tes4ll.exe
- • tes4ll_tes4qlod_cache.bat
- • tes4ll_normalmaps.bat
- • tes4ll_tes4qlod.bat
- • tes4ll_highres.bat (or tes4ll_ultimate.bat depending on system specs)
- • tes4qlod_Oblivion_ltex.dat
- Extract the files and move the following directly into the Oblivion\Data folder:
- Mod Organizer Users:
- 1. Install Landscape LOD generator tes4ll-v5 as normal. This mod must remain activated.
- 2. Create an empty mod and name it TES4LL Output. Copy the following folder from \mods\Landscape LOD generator to the new \mods\TES4LL Output:
- • tes4qlod_tex folder
Creating the TES4LL Mod
- Wrye Bash Users:
- 1. Navigate to your Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers folder and create a new folder named TES4LL Output. This will appear in Wrye Bash Installers tab now as a new project with a diamond icon.
- 2. Copy the tes4qlod_tex folder from the "Landscape LOD generator 5 15c" mod into the TES4LL Output folder you created.
- Mod Organizer Users:
- Special instructions will be provided in the Multi Purpose GUI section below.
Setting up the batch files correctly
- ALL Users:
- 1. Navigate to the \Ini\tes4ll folder and locate a file named tes4ll_all.mpb.
- 2. Right click tes4ll_all.mpb to open with your favorite text editor and replace all the instances of $_gamedir\Data\ with the full path name that points to the TES4LL folder. If your favorite text editor does not have a "Replace All" function, just use Wordpad or similar text editor:
- • Open tes4ll_all.mpb in WordPad or similar text editor, click Replace to open the Replace dialog window.
- • Fill in the "Find with" field with $_gamedir\Data\,
- • Fill in the "Replace with" field with the full path to your TES4LL Output project folder, ex: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\TES4LL Output\. NOTICE: Change the game directory to match user setup.
- • Make sure you have a \ at the end of each line, then click Replace All.
- 3. All future runs of the batch tools will now update these files in the TES4LL project in either the Wrye Bash Installers tab, or Mod Organizer mods folder depending how it is set up.
- Special Installation Instructions:
- Wrye Bash Users should simply follow the instructions given by the mod author.
- Mod Organizer Users:
- 1. Extract the archive and double-click on the Setup.exe or on MPGUI-Setup.msi. There is no need to install MPGUI in the game path; however, it is recommended to install it on same drive as the game directory.
- 2. From Mod Organizer, select Explore Virtual Folder from the executables and click Run.
- 3. From the Virtual directory, locate the mpgui.exe and double click it to run the program.
- 4. From the header, select File -> Open batch... -> Navigate to the %\Mod Organizer\mods\Landscape LOD generator tes4ll-v5\Ini\tes4ll folder and select tes4ll_all.mpb
- 5. From the header, select Options -> Game mode -> Oblivion.
- 6. From the header, select Options -> Load order -> By plugins/loadoer file.
- 7. From the header, select Options -> Choose mod path -> %\Oblivion\Data.
- 8. From the header, select Plugins. Click Plugins.txt
- 9. From the header, select Worldspace. Click Read Worldspaces. After it finishes loading the plugins, make certain Tamriel [0000003C] from 'Oblivion.esm' is selected.
- 10. From the header, select LOD Meshes. Activate desired settings.
- 11. From the header, select Normal Maps. Activate desired settings.
- 12. From the header, select Color Maps. Activate desired settings.
- 13. From the header, select Start Process. Activate Overwrite the original files and click Click me if you are ready.
- 14. When the process is complete, close MPGUI.
- 15. There may be file in the Overwrite mod. Move these files to the TES4LL Output mod. Check the TES4LL Output mod to ensure the files generated appropriately.
- 16. Activate the mod.
04. Script Extender Plugins
Script Extender expands scripting capabilities and adds additional functionality to the game.
05. Master Files and Utilities - Ingame
Master Files are mods containing ESMs (Elderscrolls Master Files). These must load before ESPs (Elderscrolls Plugin Files). Utilities - Ingame mods are plugins which have an ingame interface.
06. Fixes and Unofficial Patches
Mods which fix issues or bugs without adding new content. They are standalone mods that are rarely affected by other mods but enhance/overhaul large parts of the game with minimal or no overlap. These may include fixes which specifically address game stability or performance. :Earliest Mods: Plugins that need to load directly after the ESM files for whatever reason. -> :NPC Face Mods: Bash and deactivate to keep new faces with NPC altering mods later. -> Vanilla Fixes: Fixes for vanilla game bugs, everything else must be allowed to override these. -> :Unofficial Patches: A very large compilation of vanilla game fixes -> :DLC Shivering Isles: Official DLC and mods directly related to it.
07. Early Loaders
Mods that enhance/overhaul large parts of the game with minimal or no overlap. :Post UOP Fixes: Mods that directly edit fixes found in the UOP. -> :Non-English Language Fixes: Fixes for non-english versions of Oblivion. -> :VWalk Post-UOP Files -> :BSA Tricks: Dummy files which are used to activate BSA content. -> :Initial Fran's Files for FCOM
07.1 Character Appearance Vanilla Flavor
08. Gameplay - User Interface
Mods which add or modify user interface components. Oblivion's UI Menu has one of the most undesirable gaming UI that I ever played. It's a combination of wasted space, improper scaling, and inappropriate controls. Several mods are available that attempt to correct some of this. I will list my own preferences below, however, I recommend all users research what will best suit you. Remember, if you decide not to mimic my list, make certain it is compatible with mods you choose to install. Try to install only UI mods that are still being actively supported by either the author or the modding community.
08.1 Gameplay UI – CORE
Menus define the layout and style of the UI. This may include the HUD with remodeled textures, etc...
08.2 Gameplay UI – FONT CHANGES
Mods that alter vanilla fonts.
08.3 Gameplay UI – LOADING SCREEN
Mods that alter vanilla loading screens. Need to have the Graphics tag or they may be overwritten.
09. Base Mods
Contains several sub-categories (Weather, Water, Sounds, Lighting, and other Base Mods such as Audio Visual - Models & Textures, and rextured Items). Mods that can be overridden in part. Low priority mods. New Items, NPCs & creatures that are not overrides of other mods. 'Library' mods.
09.1 Audiovisual - Weather
Mods which add or modify weather. This may be moved to a lower category in either Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing or Override Mods - Late Loaders if overwritten by lower mods.
09.2 Audiovisual - Water and Lava
Mods that retexture water and lava. This may be moved to a lower category in either Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing or Override Mods - Late Loaders if overwritten by lower mods.
09.3 Audiovisual - Sounds & Music
Mods which add or modify sound effects, music, or voice. This may be moved to a lower category in either Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing or Override Mods - Late Loaders if overwritten by lower mods.
09.4 Audiovisual - Lighting
Mods which add or modify lighting. This may be moved to a lower category in either Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing or Override Mods - Late Loaders if overwritten by lower mods.
09.5 Audiovisual - Major Texture Packs
Mods that retexure a large portion of the games meshes and textures. Theese mods may be overwritten.
09.6 Audiovisual - LOD Resources
Mods that offer include LOD resources.
09.7 Audiovisual - Grass & Flora Overhaul
Mods that retexture both grass and flora.
09.8 Audiovisual - Tree Overhaul
Mods that retexture trees and shrubs.
09.9 Audiovisual - Landscape & Grass Fixes
Mods that fix landscape and grass anomolies. These may also include mods that claim to increase performance.
09.10 Audiovisual - Landscape
Mods that retextue landscape including dirt, rocks, roads, etc...
09.11 Audiovisual - Architecture
Mods that retexture buildings and other architecture.
09.12 Audiovisual - Caves & Dungeons
Mods that retxture caves, dungeons, forts, ruins, etc...
09.13 Audiovisual - Interiors
Mods that rexture inerior decorations.
09.14 Items - Tools & Clutter
Mods that retexture items that cannot be worn, ingested, or used as a weapon. Any new and unique items belong in a lower category in Gameplay - Quests & Locations.
09.15 Items - Ingestibles
Mods that retexture items you can eat or drink. Any new and unique items belong in a lower category in Gameplay - Quests & Locations.
09.16 Items - Armor, Clothing, & Accessories
Mods that retexture items that can be worn such as armor, clothing, jewelry, cloaks, and bags. Any equipment items that include body replacers belong in a lower catergory in Character Appearance - Equipment.
09.17 Items - Weapons
Mods that rtexture sticks you can stab, squish, or shoot people with. Any new and unique items belong in a lower category in Gameplay - Quests & Locations.
10. Load Order Independent Mods
These mods don't need to go anywhere, they're fully scripted, so load them early.
11. Late Loaders - Base Mods
Mods which are load order independent that need to be loaded after other base mods to avoid conflit. :Map Marker Tweaks: Load after OOO to override OOO initial map marker changes, otherwise let OOO remove starting default map markers. -> :Hotkeys: Load order independent. Use only one unless documentation says otherwise.
11.1 Audiovisual - Post-processing
Mods which perform post processing or include a post-processing preset. These are Graphic Extenders including ENB, ReShade, Sweet FX, TES Reloaded, ect...
11.2 Alternate to Oblivion Reloaded
Extenders and DLL Enhancements
Comparable Graphic Mods
12. Early Quest Add-Ons
Mods that add or alter quests in the game. :DLC 1: First group of official downloadable content and plugins directly tied to them. -> DLCHorseArmor.esp -> DLCOrrery.esp -> DLCVileLair.esp -> DLCMehrunesRazor.esp -> DLCSpellTomes.esp
13. Character Appearance
Mods that modify the appearance of characters or add new options for character creation.
13.1 Character Appearance - Body Mods
Mods that adjust body shapes or textures.
13.2 Character Appearance - Skeletons
Mods that add skeleton meshes for comaptibility with body replacers.
13.3 Character Appearance - Equipment
Mods that add items specific to new body replacer. :Items (Armor and Weapons): nest category which contains all "Items" headings. Wrye Bash tag all armor replacers need BASH: Graphics to keep their new look. Some items will need to go after overhaul or location altering mods to appear. ->
:Body Replacer Armour & Clothing: Stuff for use with body replacers. Wrye Bash tag all armor replacers need BASH: Graphics to keep their new look. -> :Not For Free Armor ->
:Horse Mods: Mods related to horses and some other types of mounts.
14. Pre Overhaul
Mods that need to be loaded before magjor overhaul mods to reduce conflict. :Only Name Changing Files:Tag with names and total compatibility. -> :DLC 2 -> DLCThievesDen.esp
Major Overhaul mods including: :FCOM, Fran's, OOO, MMM, etc -> Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod -> OOO; FCOM optional and related components; MMM and optional plugins -> OOO Full and Lite -> Post OOO -> MMM & FCOM -> FCOM/MMM optionals 1 -> FCOM/MMM optionals 2 -> MMM for non-FCOM installs -> OWC New Dimensions -> Tamriel Travellers -> FCOM\MMM optionals 3 -> Overhaul Compatibility -> Additional MMM OOO Patches -> Waalx Animals and Creatures -> Post Overhaul -> CNRP (Cyrodiil NPC Remodelling Project) -> :Creatures - New:Really needs Wrye Bash or a compatibility patch if using almost any overhaul.
15.1 Gameplay - Crafting
Mods that alter or add items purely through the crafting menu.
15.2 Gameplay - Economy & Item Balance
Mods that alter or change economy and item balance.
16. Morroblivion Mods
Morroblivion: Group for all morroblivion plugins. In the future, Skyblivion and Skywind may also be included in this group.
17. Gameplay - Quests & Stories
Mods which add or modify quests or stories. :Quests and Locations 1: All mods that add or change quests, player houses, add or change dungeons, add or change towns, villages, cities and/or landscape. -> Quests Early -> Quests Arena -> DLC 3 -> DLCBattlehornCastle.esp -> Quests and Locations 2 -> Immersive Environments
17.1 Locations - New Dungeons
Mods which add new areas where you can encounter and fight enemies.
17.2 Locations - New Lands
Mods which add completely new lands to explore.
17.3 Locations - New Player Homes
Mods which add new player homes.
17.4 Locations - New Structures & Landmarks
Mods which add new structures or landmarks. These may include ECTV (Expanded Cities, Hamlets, Town, Villages, etc...)
17.5 Gameplay - Immersion & Role-playing
Mods which specifically aid player immersion or role-playing. These may include weather, lighting, and other environmental and visual effect changes.
18. Gameplay - Quests & Locations
Mods which add new quests, locations and/or new inventory items to the game. :DLC 4 -> DLCFrostcrag.esp -> Knights.esp -> :ROM -> ROM Revised Oblivion Mod.esp -> :Quests and Locations 3 -> FCOM Compatibility Section:FCOM optional addon patches. -> :Quests and Locations 4
19. Locations - Overhauls
Mods which modify landscape locations ingame. :Landscape and City Overhauls -> Tamriel Worldspace Modding Project -> Extended Cyrodiil -> Towns and Villages -> HESU Mods and Patches -> CUO Cities -> Unique Landscapes and Compatibility Patches -> HM2 -> Post UL, Pre BC -> Unique Landscapes V2 Compatibility Patches -> Open Better Cities -> Open Cities Classic -> Open Cities Reborn -> Open Cities Patches -> Quests and Locations 5 -> Post City
Mods that deliberately change specific things about vanilla Oblivion, overhauls or other mods. Some late loading quests and locations in here too. :Overrides Early -> Lava
21.1 Gameplay - AI & Combat
Mods which modify character behavior, combat mechanics, or enemy strength in general. :Sexual Stuff -> SPT Diverse Guards -> Overrides Late -> TIE Integration Compatibility -> Alternative Starts -> Realism -> Vampires
21.2 Gameplay - Magic & Abilities
Mods which add new abilities or spells. including slchemy, enchantment, ect...
21.3 Gameplay - Stealth
Mods that add or modify stealth such as thievery, sneaking and crime.
21.4 Gameplay - Skills, Attributes & Leveling
Mods which add or modify skills or perks, attributes, and leveling.
21.5 Audiovisual - Animations & Physics
Mods which add or modify animations or physics.
22. Character - NPC Overhauls
Mods that add new face parts such as hairs, beards, brows, or eyes. They may also add new overlays such as warpaints, tattoos, or freckles. :Beauty Packs -> Race Changes-Addons: Hair, eyes, race addons & changes and other cosmetics.
22.1 Character Appearance OCO2 Overhaul
Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2 attemps to modernize characters in the styles of Skyrim and TESO. This affects both player and NPCs. It is a comprehensive NPC overhaul. OCO2 Overhaul is currently the most popular of flavors and most NPC equipment mods provide patches for it where needed, including ponyrider0's Morroblivion-OCO2 Facelift v0.2.s: Hair, eyes, race addons & changes and other cosmetics.
22.2 New Characters
Mods which add new animals, characters, or creatures to the game. :Allies & Companions -> Enemies -> Nuetral
22.3 Gameplay - Classes & Races
Mods which modify character classes/races or add new ones :Race Overrides: Includes birthsign mods. -> Body & Head Changes -> Beauty Packs & Race Changes-Addons -> L.A.M.E. -> Post Magicka Overhaul -> Race Balancing Project 2 -> Bg Integration -> Other Race and Birthsign Mods
23. Override Mods - Late Loaders
Mods that need to be loaded late for whatever reason or override other mods to avoid conflict.
23.1 Landscape And City Overrides
These may include patches created for campatibility with landscape and city overhauls.
24. Pre Bash
Mods that need to be very low in order to override everything else making the same changes. :Message Suppression/Changing Overrides:Best loaded late to override possible message additions from other mods. These are mostly covered by the Bashed Patch. -> Respawn & Day Length Overrides -> Shader Mods -> Shader Removers -> Shader Replacers
25. Fixes - Patches
Fixes and Patches which make mods compatible with each other.
25.1 Merge Patches
Merged plugins output files.
25.2 NPC Retexture Patches
Conflict resolution patches created specifically to correct NPC appearance.
25.3 Utilities - Patchers
Files that are generated after running a patcher utility.
25.4 Conflict Resolution
Conflict Resolution mods consist of specialized edits to resolve game breaking conflicts and issues.
26. Post Bashed Patches
Mods which need to load after the Bashed Patch for whatever reason.
26. Distant Terrain Output
Files that are generated after running a lod generation utility.
27. Map Mods
Maps should always override any Distant Terrain Output. They should also never be included in a Bashed Patch.
28. Script Extender Output
Files that are generated by the script extender after launching the game.