EAbility entries are values used in the properties of equipment found in the DefaultGameCore.ini (DGC.INI) file. They are found in XComGame.upk >> XGTacticalGameCoreData, and NOT in the DGC.INI as might be expected.
The descriptions of the abilities from DefaultGameCore.ini settings - XCOM:EU 2012) to grant or deny specific capabilities listed here when the item is equipped are in the next section. The decimal and hexadecimal values used to alter the applicable capabilities in mods are listed in the Table section.
ALL Ability and property descriptions with internal names can be found and altered in the file XComGame.int present in install sub-folder .\XComGame\Localization\Int.
Appear on Armor
- eAbility_Fly = Allows units to fly while in tactical mode and requires iFlightFuel=1(or higher) for the turn duration of flight.
- eAbility_Ghost = Unit becomes invisible for 1 turn or until they make an attack and has a limited number (4) of uses per battle.
Appear on Characters
- eAbility_CivilianCover = Gives the ability "Head Down" which provides a 10 Defense bonus when used, does not require cover. (Perhaps other effects as well but unknown to me)
- eAbility_TakeCover = Gives the ability "Hunker Down" which doubles the Cover Bonus and provides immunity to critical hits, reduces sight radius.
- eAbility_MindMerge = GIVES SECTOIDS THE "MIND MERGE" ABILITY UNIT BUFF, APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_Launch = GIVES FLOATERS THE ABILITY TO JUMP TO A DISTANT COVER POINT, APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS, BREAKS GROUND MOVEMENT; REQUIRES FLIGHT TO MOVE (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_Intimidate = GIVES MUTONS THE ON HIT REACTION ABILITY WHICH CAUSES PANIC IN NEARBY PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS, APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_BloodCall = GIVES MUTONS THE "BLOOD CALL" ABILITY WHICH GIVES A WILL, AIM, AND MOBILITY BUFF TO THE UNIT THAT USES IT AS WELL AS OTHER NEARBY MUTON UNITS. APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (REQUIRES MUTON FLAG, NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_CloseCyberdisc = GIVES CYBERDISCS THE ABILITY TO "CLOSE" AFTER TAKING AN ACTION OTHER THAN MOVEMENT, or when taking damage. APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS(NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_PsiControl = Gives Sectoid Commanders and Ethereals the Psi Control ability that work similarly to Mind Control usable the player soldiers.(Note:This skill can be added to player soldiers using armor mod, seems to not work correctly tough. Test: In my test the ability appear only After the soldier turn is over and can't make any more action, the ability disappear as soon as the soldier turn is restored only to reappear when finished once more making the ability unusable. Need more test on different environment to confirm)
- eAbility_MindFray = Standard Mindfray ability given to all first level psionic soldiers, accuracy is based on user/victim willpower scores. If successful, it reduces target attributes (accuracy, mobility, willpower) and deals 5 points of damage, Ethereals and Sectoid Commanders also have this skill (Note: the ability can be added to normal soldiers skill bar using an armor mod)
- eAbility_GreaterMindMerge = GIVES THE "GREATER MIND MERGE" ABILITY TO SECTOID COMMANDERS. APPEARS TO DO NOTHING FOR PLAYER CONTROLLED UNITS (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_PsiPanic = Give the Psi Panic ability to Sectoid Commanders, shared ability with player psionic soldier. This skill forces the target to make an unspecified 'Will Check'; if they fail this check, they panic. Panicking units become unresponsive to orders and may attack nearby allies or enemies (Note: This ability can be added to any soldier using the armor mod)
- eAbility_Rift = Ability possessed by Ethereals, but rarely (if ever) used by the AI. Rift is also gained by the Volunteer just before game final assault. This psionic skill generates a wide and flat area effect that lasts for a few turns and damages every unit as soon as the field is created, and any unit that lingers within the field takes further damage; the damage depends on the victim's Will (Note: this skill is gained legitimately by one soldier just before game conclusion, it's possible to mod the extremely high exp value needed for making this ability allowed to any gifted soldier, with such mod the ability simply appear on the user skill bar without prompting for a level up. Warning: It's untested if the final level script check for volunteer using this skill as a tracker, if so problem may arise when facing the last map, untested yet)
- eAbility_PsiDrain = Ability normally possessed by Ethereals, permit the user to drain the health of an ally or mindlinked (i.e. mindcontrolled) unit to restore their own, works if added to the player(Note: the ability can be activated only if the user health is not at it's maximum value)
- eAbility_BullRush = Ability possessed by Muton Berserker; allows them to charge through cover and obstacles (including walls), then damage units near the end of the charge (Note: ability tested with Mind Control only, untested with player soldiers)
- eAbility_Bloodlust = (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_ShotOverload = (NEED MORE INFO)
Appear on Items
- eAbility_ShotStandard = Allows normal attack actions
- eAbility_Overwatch = Allows the use of overwatch command
- eAbility_ShotStun = Allows the use of the "Stun" command, appears to only work on the Arc Thrower (Has 0 uses on other items)
- eAbility_ShotSuppress = Allows the use of the "Suppress" command
- eAbility_FragGrenade = Allows the use of the "Frag Grenade" command. (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_SmokeGrenade = Allows the use of the "Smoke Grenade" commmand. SUPPORT ABILITY (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_BattleScanner = Allows the use of the "Scanning Drone" command. SNIPER ABILITY (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_AlienGrenade = Allows the use of the "Plasma Grenade" command. (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_ShredderRocket = Allows the use of the "Shredder Rocket" command. HEAVY ABILITY (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_RocketLauncher = Allows the use of the "Rocket Launcher" command. HEAVY ABILITY (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_MedikitHeal = Allows the use of the "Medkit" command, appears to only work on the Medkit (Has 0 uses on other items)
- eAbility_Plague = The Thin Man's "Poison Spit" ability. Appears to be a secondary/backpack based item, rather than a true unit ability like psi attacks. (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_CombatStim = Adds the Combat Stim effect to the SUPPORT Smoke Grenade. (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_Grapple = Adds the "Grapple" command, allows units to move to higher terrain. (Duplicated as a property, need to check functionality of each)
- eAbility_Repair = Adds the "Repair" command allowing units to repair mechanical units (SHIVS/DRONES).
- eAbility_DeathBlossom = Adds the "Death Blossom" attack to Cyberdiscs. (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_CannonFire = Adds the "Cannon Fire" attack to the Sectopod. (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_DestroyTerrain = Adds the "Destroy Terrain" attack to the Sectopod. (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_ClusterBomb = Adds the "Cluster Bomb" attack to the Sectopod. (NEED MORE INFO)
- eAbility_PsiLance = Ability possessed by Ethereals, charge and launch a purple sphere at the target causing damage depending on target will(Note: This skill can be added to player soldier by armor mod, work somewhat curiously, seems soldier shot with it's own weapon as well very evident when this skill is used by a sniper, speculatively speaking it may simply trigger an invisible weapon used by Ethereals in the primary weapon slot. With this skill the chance to hit by a soldier become 100% on all the test i have done, if used by sniper with Double Tap skill allow for a second shot using normal weapon. This skill has no cooldown apparently)
The Table decimal value is used in the DGC.ini file, and hex values (listed after the "-") are used when making modifications directly to hex code.
Referred to by this article:
- XGAbilityTree.BuildAbilities by calling
- DefaultGameCore.ini settings - XCOM:EU 2012
- XComGame.upk >>
That refer to this article: