Things that cannot be done
Recently I have seen a few mod requests for shorter wait times I hate the long wait time too.
Anyways, I thought we should compile a list of things that CANNOT BE DONE
- Shorter waiting time
New kinds of magic (you can create new spells using existing magic, but you can not create new forms of magic)Now possible using Oblivion Magic Extender and AddActorValues OBSE plugins (both available on the nexus). New skillsNow possible using the AddActorValues OBSE plugin
- Different body meshes for different races
- Mods that change the same race. the last one in the load order will conquer the other mercilessly. This also applys to vendor chests
- New weapon types. no spear (strictly speaking not impossible, but requires a full set of custom weapon animations)
- no moving planes of water
- cannot add body slots (no second heads, sorry)
Esp.s cannot communicate between each other. their phones are dead, because they dont pay their phone billsActually this is pretty easy to achieve if you can modify both esps: Add a common esm and communicate through quest variables.
- Collision (Havoc physics) cannot be added to the player or player-worn items such as clothing or armor.
- "Rigged hair. I don't mean wigs, which CAN be rigged to move with the body. I mean hair that you add to a race in the CS and equip through Character Generation. It cannot be done; trust me, I've tried." Desuchan
- no stopping the rain inside
- no soft body physics
- no new colored lights
- No nested Begin/end blocks.
- No huge battles with hundreds of enemies. (no battle of Helm's Deep, sorry)
- No getting followers to jump. (they are just too lazy)
- No objects that act like water (So no realistic fountains unless they're cell-sized).
- Sheogorath cannot make sense
- Cannot copy an object/actor from kotn without the cs crashing
- cannot climb a rope or ladder Or even climb up a rock pile (if the rocks are spaced properly you can hop up from one to another, but cannot climb.)
Keep em coming! (note ill try to add some humor once in a while)