Template:XEdit record selection
This template is so it may be included in several articles referencing xEdit.
Programs and Tools
- xEdit (aka TES5Edit and various renamed specific game version names) on GitHub.
- TES5Edit on Nexus.
- Tome of xEdit On-line Documentation.
- FNVEdit Training Manual PDF document (applicable to all games).
A word about "record selection" in xEdit: You may find a number of desired "selection blocks" of records of various types. Unlike standard Windows editors, xEdit provides a mechanism allowing you to select multiple "selection blocks" and chain them together using the standard Windows <Shift+Click> and <Ctrl+Click> selection commands. This means once some selection of records has been made, you can add an additional group of records by:
- <Ctrl+Click> on the first record of the next range, (the <Ctrl> key adds that record to the existing selections), then;
- <Ctrl+Shift+Click> on the last record of that new range to extend and "chain" the "block" selection to those previously selected, or use <Ctrl+Click> to add each new individual record.
- If you do not use the <Ctrl> key to combine the new selection with those previous ones, you are starting a new, separate selection which discards all those previous selections.
Nexus wiki articles referred to by this article:
Nexus wiki articles that refer to this article: